Options

Sales Credit Memo and Sales Invoice amount are not matching

srafeaaa2srafeaaa2 Member Posts: 6
edited 2012-04-25 in Navision Financials
Hi,

I have a problem while posting the Sales Credit Memo by using Copy Document the credit memo amount is not equal to the Inovice amount, ther are some decimal fraction amount is differ. Even though in the databse i have checked exact cost reverse in Sales & Receivable Setup. I have raised the invoice amount for $200 but while posting the credit memo its posted for $199.98. Hence in my customer ledger entry the invoice is still open. Can anyone assist me the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rafeeq

Comments

• Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Hi Rafeeq,

I was unable to simulate the problem. Can you give us some more details and explain the exact values used, whether you have select the "Recalculate Lines" option when copying the document, which document have you copied, the Posted Invoice, or something else?

Best,

Chn
  • Options
    Hi Chn,

While doing Copy document function, I had selected 'Recalculate Line' of the original Sales Invoice. After lines are get inserted in the Sales Credit Memo while I checked the Sales Credit Memo Statistics its display the exactly the same amount of the original sales invoice amount but the problem is after geting posted the amount gets varies and there was a difference of decimal fraction
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    srafeaaa2 wrote:
    Hi,

I have a problem while posting the Sales Credit Memo by using Copy Document the credit memo amount is not equal to the Inovice amount, ther are some decimal fraction amount is differ. Even though in the databse i have checked exact cost reverse in Sales & Receivable Setup. I have raised the invoice amount for $200 but while posting the credit memo its posted for $199.98. Hence in my customer ledger entry the invoice is still open. Can anyone assist me the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Rafeeq

6 x 33.33333333 = 200.00
    6 x 33.33 = 199.98

Was there a quantity of 3 or 6 in there somewhere?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Rafeeq, Please check the "Invoice Rounding Precision" and "Application Rounding Precision", are these two setups different?

Best,

Chn
  • Options
    Hi Chinmoy,

Both "Invoice Rounding Precision" and "Application Rounding Precision" are as same as 0.01.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    If I want an exact copy I don't click Re-Calculate Lines. Especially if some time has passed between the creation of the two docs.