Debug NAS

Betrachter84Betrachter84 Member Posts: 62
Hi im trying to debug some code that is throwing an error message because a dialog variable is used which NAS can't cope with.

The statement i use in cmd is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Application Server>nassql.exe Debug,Breakpoints="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Application Server\NaviBP.xml", appservername="NAV2009-SQL",servername="NAV2009",database="nav_prod",startupparameter="JOBQUEUE",company="Cronus GmbH",nettype="default"

The code is executed correctly, but the debugger window never appears? did i do something wrong?

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    When I need to debug NAS, I usually create a form with a button and a textbox. The textbox holds the startup parameter, and the button calls the NASHandler function in Codeunit 1 with the value of the textbox. It's not technically debugging NAS directly, but it executes exactly the same code and because it runs in a client session, you can use the regular debugger.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to to add debug=1 parameter and place the developer license into the NAS folder. Than when you run the nas in console, debugger will be opened. Than you need to disable the breakpoints on trigger and continue. Do not close the debugger! You cannot reopen it again.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.