Company attached to Roles hence not able to save design

lavanyaballurgilavanyaballurgi Member Posts: 235
Hey Guys,

by mistake after restoring DB one of my friend linked company name with Roles of all users (including super user). Now he is not able to save any development in any object.
how to resolve this (without making a new DB)??

Regards,
Lavanya

Comments

• sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    Hi Lavanya.....

I am bit confused here :? .....you could remove the company name for the user with which you are making the changes and then redo the changes ryt???
    Is there something else I am missing???
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.
  • lavanyaballurgilavanyaballurgi Member Posts: 235
    well to remove the company's name also its not allowing... it says
    "
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    You do not have permission to read the 0 table.

Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

OK
    "

the role form looks like the attached screenshot
  • sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    Ok.... One thing is for sure that atleast ONE user in the database should be there with the super(without company attached to his role), so try to search that user and login with that user id.
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If the DB is on SQL, remove the company through SQL SMS.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    I am always afraid of this happening (locking out SUPER permissions ie no users with FULL permissions)

One idea is to consider that a database with NO permissions/users set up is still accessible, like a fresh CRONUS for example. So if you can clear the user table through SQL or restore the database, minus the user info, to a new DB...
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If on SQL, there you do not need to empty the table, you can just remove the company from the records... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Reinhard wrote:
    I am always afraid of this happening (locking out SUPER permissions ie no users with FULL permissions)

One idea is to consider that a database with NO permissions/users set up is still accessible, like a fresh CRONUS for example. So if you can clear the user table through SQL or restore the database, minus the user info, to a new DB...

You can't do this. If you fully remove permissions from SUPER, Nav will put them back next time you log in.
    David Singleton