Planning Worksheet

tektek Member Posts: 2
Hello

In Production the Planning Worksheet is used to plan purchases and requirements.

When I use the function Calculate Net Change Plan or Calculate Regenerate Plan, it creates several lines for SOME Items.
To show why generated; Safetystock, Critical, different Dates and so on.

For planning this is so far so good, but when I creating a PO (or transfer to Req Worksheet), it is still several lines per Item, but I'd like to have just one line per Item. Our Vendors do not see the point in a PO with many lines for same Item. ](*,)

We use NAV 5.0 SP1.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Hi Tek,

I have a doubt on the starting and ending dates of the lines shown on the planning worksheet. Did you try with sames dates on two lines with same item and vendor selected?

I may be a reason why, NAV is creating two POs because the expected receipt dates are different.

Chn
  • sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    Hi Tek,

Though they are same items, two different lines are created since the due dates are different for both the lines. Depending on the due date "expected receipt date" in purchase line is calculated. If you want to create only a single line in the Purchase Line even with the different due dates then you need to configure your re-ordering policy appropriately for that item (Goto Item card and select the planning tab).

Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.
  • pantula2000pantula2000 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

Check the Reordering Policy and ReOrder Cycle fields on the Item Card / SKU if applicable.

Regards,

Sridhar