Byproduct handling in Production order

s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
Dear Nav Users,

Does Navision allows to consume some items and produce more than one output item (with by product) ?

I tried to do a negative consumption and it works. Upon posting the negative consumption the inventory got updated for the byproduct.

At the same time, in the BOM if i define a -ve quantity for the byproduct item, while refreshing the production order the component lines are not getting updated with this byproduct item.

But i wish to know is there any best way of doing it.

Regards,
Venkatesh
Thanks and Regards,
Venkatesh

Comments

• kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
    It is not by product, it just bi product.

The above procedure is totally wrong. I will get back to you
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    kmkaot wrote:
    It is not by product, it just bi product.

The above procedure is totally wrong. I will get back to you

Bi product ??? Unless you're talking about math, it's by-product.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • s_venkatesh78s_venkatesh78 Member Posts: 97
    Dear Nav users,

If anybody got the best procedure / process to generate the byproduct in a production order along with the main product kindly share the procedure.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    I have designed for a customer where they are producing some scrap item as output while production.

For this we have defined those scrap items in Production Bom Line(max 6 items) and made a field percent of scrap items. while doing output we also made output for that scrap items.

Hope it will help you...
  • ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    I have done it for a customer with -ve quantities entered in the BOM lines and consumption journals. It worked fine for us.

Chn
  • pantula2000pantula2000 Member Posts: 11
    Dear All,

As you all are aware NAV is a "Discrete" product and as such doesn't support by-product and co-product entry type which are specific to process / batch type industries.

As suggested by many...1 workaround is to define it as -ve quantity on BOM line and hence post -ve consumption line...which will result in increase in inventory.

However, one has to be diligent to map this way...since it is not an Output type entry in ledger entry...reporting become difficult and also localization reporting....and what about costing implications??

Regards,

Sridhar
    Hi Sridhar,

Costing side should not be an issue. We need to declear the co or by product item with 'Standard' costing method as there are valid reasons why these items should follow standard costing.

Regards,
    Venkatesh
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
    Hi Sridhar,

Costing side should not be an issue. We need to declear the co or by product item with 'Standard' costing method as there are valid reasons why these items should follow standard costing.

Regards,
    Venkatesh
    Thanks and Regards,
    Venkatesh
  • ajaykt_2000ajaykt_2000 Member Posts: 81
    Dear
    It can be manage by defining main product and byproduct in a family and taking o/p.
    ajay k tripathi
    Functional Consultants
  • pantula2000pantula2000 Member Posts: 11
    If you have access to AX Process Vertical, suggest you should see how it has been handled....and if you happen to be a technical expert you should be able to replicate the same with little effort.

Regards,

Sridhar
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    You should use "Family" to resolve this issue.
    Before see the other product we should look into NAV deeply. :roll:
    Now or Never