CRedit Card using xAuthorize dll

mcrooksmcrooks Member Posts: 11
We recently converted a client from 2.01b Standard to Navion 2009 SQL. The client's application, in 2.01b was modified to process credit card using the the xAuthorize dll. All the modifided objects were deployed to the 2009 applicartion as they existed in the 2.01b database (no changes were made).

When the users try to process a credit card in the 2009 application the system returns an error message that indicate that the credit card was declined (Return Code 2 from the xAuthorized dll).

I saw where this happened to other users back in 2008/209. Did anyone resolved this issue or found the cause of the issue that did not involve re-writing the entire application?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    mcrooks wrote:
    All the modifided objects were deployed to the 2009 applicartion as they existed in the 2.01b database (no changes were made).

What does that mean?
    David Singleton
  • mcrooksmcrooks Member Posts: 11
    it means that we took the 2.01b modification and import them into the 2009 application and did not make any changes to these objects in the 2009 database.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    mcrooks wrote:
    it means that we took the 2.01b modification and import them into the 2009 application and did not make any changes to these objects in the 2009 database.

That's what I thought you meant, I just found it a bit hard to believe. [-o<

When you upgrade you need to take the changes from your old objects and integrate them into the new objects. You simply can't do it the way you did. Find who ever did your upgrade, and after you shoot them, talk with the replacement developer and discuss about how to fix it.
    David Singleton
  • mcrooksmcrooks Member Posts: 11
    you really dont know whatt you are talking about. Please do not reply to the post unless you have something to contribute. Thanks
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    mcrooks wrote:
    you really dont know whatt you are talking about. Please do not reply to the post unless you have something to contribute. Thanks
    :thumbsdown: [-X :shock: :(

If you know it so well, then why are you only giving this very basic information?
    First of all show us the object ID's you pulled into 2009 for this modification, are any native objects involved?
    If not, have you upgraded the 2.01 code to 2009 standards? Things have changed you know...
    Also what version of 2009 did you upgrade to? Have you run the date correction?
    Have you verified the data upgrade went correctly?

What have you tried to come to this conclusion? Please post the findings of your testing, that might help?
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • jspoppjspopp Member Posts: 54
    Wow, I'm impressed! Going from 2.01b to NAV 2009 in one go, especially the way you described it. I'm sure you'll run into many, many issues and this one is just the start. I agree with David and I believe you are going to upgrade their database again, but in proper fashion. Once you have a upgraded to a test database, have the user/s test all their day-to-day functionalities, i.e postings, reportings, procedures, etc. You've got a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck with it
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    mcrooks wrote:
    :mrgreen: =D>
    Funny, I needed that :mrgreen: