How to change the Finished Prod order to released?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I have chaged the status of released production order to finished. Now I want to change the status of finished production order to released. Is it possible to achieve it ?

If possible, kindly tell me how change the status of finished production order to released.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• roflrofl Member Posts: 22
    I'm sorry, but it is not possible. There are a lot reasons in NAV, why it is not possible - there are a lot of thing to reverse.
    We had one customer, who wanted this kind of functionality and this assignment was pure nightmare: very difficult to make and still is not 100% correct.
    There are some tricks here, but in most cases customers are not allowed to that.
    All in all, when you finish prod. order, you have to be sure that everything is clear and only then finish your order.

Maybe somebody else could suggest something from their own experience, but that is mine.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I also had a customer that needed this. In their case, they typically might have 200-300 released production orders in progress, unfortunately someone using the batch process managed to finish all of them, and the job to reenter them all and sort everything out would have stopped the business for a few days.

So I wrote code to reverse them. In the end it was a very easy task, and even though it was supposed to be a one off job, they still use the function from time to time when someone accidentally finishes the wrong Prod Order. That was at 7 or 8 years ago, and it never caused a problem.
    David Singleton
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    So I wrote code to reverse them. In the end it was a very easy task, and even though it was supposed to be a one off job, they still use the function from time to time when someone accidentally finishes the wrong Prod Order. That was at 7 or 8 years ago, and it never caused a problem.

Do we have the same customer??? :lol:
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    I also had a customer that needed this. In their case, they typically might have 200-300 released production orders in progress, unfortunately someone using the batch process managed to finish all of them, and the job to reenter them all and sort everything out would have stopped the business for a few days.

I had a very similar customer a few years ago. Wrote a simple code to reverse them.
    So, yes. It is possible to reverse them with customization. You just need to make sure you test them first.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    :D

I am glad it's not just me that thinks this is a simple task.
    David Singleton
  • hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
    chandrurec wrote:
    Hi all,

I have chaged the status of released production order to finished. Now I want to change the status of finished production order to released. Is it possible to achieve it ?

If possible, kindly tell me how change the status of finished production order to released.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    chandru.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21568&hilit=released+production+order&start=15
    hansika