Options

Point that Inventory is Physically posted

TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
edited 2012-04-23 in Dynamics AX
Hi all,

Been using NAV for years but now working on my AX skill set.

I've configured the system to use the AIF framework to automatically export an XML file of the InventTrans record on Insert using the InventoryTransactionService AXD.

However what I have discovered is that even by creating a Adjustment Journal Line AX will generate an InventTrans record.

What I really need to do is generate the AIF export into the Queue when the physical inventory is posted either -Ve or +ve.

I've been working around the posting routines and looking at other tables including the InventSum, but am still a little lost as to the best place to put my AIF generation trigger.

Anyone happen to be able to recommend the best place to look at for placing this call?

many thanks

t

Comments

• Options
    pantula2000pantula2000 Member Posts: 11
    Hi!

Unlike NAV wherein only posted entries are updated in ILE (Inventory ledger Entry) in AX even unposted lines are updated on Invent trans table as "order" type entries. NAV has multiple columns for the quantities to display.....in AX it creates multiple rows depending upon the transactions for the line item on source document.

Regards,

Sridhar
  • Options
    TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Hey Sridhar,

Thanks for the reply.

I've already figured out that the InventTrans table gets populated before the actual inventory change takes place, what I was looking for was a "common" point in the system to which I could add on AIF generation code to export an XML file of that transaction.

I think you're reply has only reaffirmed what I had previously discovered.

So far the best I have is in the updatePhysicalIssue and updatePhysicalReceipt in the InventUpd_Phyiscal class.

After some testing it seems a pretty solid solution.. guess time will tell.

t