G/L Totaling

nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
hi guys,

i am trying to generate a report & extract totaling for g/l account based on user filter in report, but the thing is how do i know account 7001..7005 (7006 is the totaling), 8001..8013 (8013 is the totaling) ?

Comments

• dansdans Member Posts: 148
    For G/L report, you could use Account Schedule functionality instead of report.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • nikeman77nikeman77 Member Posts: 517
    hi dans,

great to hear from you again, i am not sure is it unfortunate or fortunate that i am to create a report similar to Acc. Schedule as you mention, but this is for P&L analysis dimension..
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi nikeman77,

if I understand this correctly, that's not a problem of the report (assuming you have a report similar to report 6 trial balance, where the flowfields of the G/L Account table are used, and that you're designing a report). The totaling field for these accounts is in the "Totaling" field of the G/L Account table. If you want to show the amounts by account to break down the totaling amount, use the same filter for a second data item. For user based filters (and a totaling over the accounts shown) it's easier, just use the totalfields property in classic report designer. For the RDLC report it's different, but there are enough examples on how to do this in the CRONUS database.

HTH.

with best regards

Jens
    hi jglathe,
    The totaling field for these accounts is in the "Totaling" field of the G/L Account table.
    taking example from my situation above..[7001..7005]. AFAIK, there's a field call Totaling in G/L account table. but its in text data type.
    use the same filter for a second data item
    filter by values in Totaling field? the table would be g/l in that case,
    but mine report is based on analysis view entry.
    just use the totalfields property in classic report designer
    i did that, in my section designer, i insert into the section designer group footer, it doesnt shows the totaling..
    nikeman77 wrote:
    hi dans,

great to hear from you again, i am not sure is it unfortunate or fortunate that i am to create a report similar to Acc. Schedule as you mention, but this is for P&L analysis dimension..

Hi ! :D

I haven't checked it out yet, but you should be able to do something similar to Total Amount in the Analysis by Dimensions form.

Edit: I'm a bit confused on what you're trying to do. Could you explain it more detail ?

hi dans,

You mention Acc.Schedule Form(Form ID 490: Acc. Schedule Overview) able to generate Report ID:25,Account Schedule in functions> Print.

Likewise in Form ID554: Analysis by Dimensions I would like to generate a report, same layout as report Account Schedule too..
    nikeman77 wrote:
    hi dans,

You mention Acc.Schedule Form(Form ID 490: Acc. Schedule Overview) able to generate Report ID:25,Account Schedule in functions> Print.

Likewise in Form ID554: Analysis by Dimensions I would like to generate a report, same layout as report Account Schedule too..

OK. I think I understand your requirement. However, there are also dimension filters on the Account Schedule which you could use for dimension analysis.

hi dans,

appreciate your fast response... :thumbsup:
    acc. schedule report got from table: Acc. Schedule Line, but analysis dimension doest have a 'line' to fall back on, my few choice is from table id: 365 (analysis view entry) & table id: 367(dimension code buffer)