Bank Account Reconciliations (US version) - security issue

LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
We are NAV2009 R2 Classic Client. I'm trying to give one of our users access to do bank account reconcilations (Financial Management > Cash Management > Bank Account Reconciliations).

The main tables are "Bank Rec. Header" (Table 10120) and "Bank Rec. Line" (Table 10121).

There already exists a security role for "BANKREC-POST", and that role includes Table Data R/I/M permissions to those tables. So I assigned my user to that security role.

But unfortunately, the form to access bank reconciliations (Financial Management > Cash Management > Bank Account Reconciliations) does not appear in her menu suite after making this change.
](*,)

If I give her access to the SUPER security role, then she can see the form. But of course I don't want to do this.

Any ideas? I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple. This is our first hardship we've had assigning security roles for various users. For the most part, everything has been very straightforward.

Comments

• dansdans Member Posts: 148
    Why not just give the user access to the Bank Account Reconciliation form ?
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    We have an ALL security role. This role has access to all forms (i.e. Form 0). All users are given this role (i.e. she already has access to all forms.)

My understanding is that even if you have access to all forms, you wont see the forms in the menu suite unless you also have table data read access to the underlying table.

This has proved true for us, flawlessly, except for this Bank Accounts Reconciliation form.

So short answer: she already has access to the form. And she has read/insert/modify/execute to the tables. And it still wont show up for her in her menu suite. So I'm stumped.
  • dansdans Member Posts: 148
    The Navision standard : bank account reconciliations tables are 273 (Bank Acc. Reconciliation) and 274 (Bank Acc. Reconciliation Line).
    It looks like you have a country specific table.
    As long as you have form, table, and table data executable, you should at least be able to see the form on the menu.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    dans wrote:
    As long as you have form, table, and table data executable, you should at least be able to see the form on the menu.

Completely agree with that..

@LibertyMountain from your post I understand you have given permissions R/I/M for table data, try giving permissions for table as well.
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.
  • lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    Hi - were you able to resolve this issue? We have run into it as well. I tried giving permissions for the tables, but that did not work. Thanks!
    Leanne G. Paul
    Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services
  • gerrykistlergerrykistler Member Posts: 149
    lgp wrote:
    Hi - were you able to resolve this issue? We have run into it as well. I tried giving permissions for the tables, but that did not work. Thanks!

I found that you need these roles:
    ALL
    BANKDEC-EDIT
    BANKREC-POST
    G/L-BANK ACC, EDIT

I think the key is the last one as it needs to update the Statement No. on the Bank Account when a new statement is created. You also need to give at least read rights to the Currency Exchange Rate table if that is not in your ALL group.
    Gerry Kistler
    KCP Consultores