Options

Eastern Version to Worldwide version

SrivasSrivas Member Posts: 89
edited 2012-04-17 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have to bring an eastern database in to World wide version. Are there any standard objects in NAV2009 (world wide version) that I need to modify?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What do you mean with "Eastern Version"? What exactly do you want to do? In any localized version are modified standard objects...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    sorry I meant to say Eastern European version.

Thanks
  • Options
    I am trying to merge [data only] one of the eastern European[CZ] based database in already existing Worldwide version database. This will require some modifications to the standard objects but how many and to what extent I don't know the answer.

Thanks,
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Get both databases, sit with the users and analyze what needs to be brought across and what is not needed. Determine the value of the data and the complexity to merge it. Create a business plan to determine the costs. Agree on the results the client expects. Implement the requirement. Test. Have the customer accept the work.

You are not even close to the point where you need technical help, you still have to decide the scope of the project.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As David described. In Czech datbase there are regulatory changes (not too much, but are critical) regarding Fixed Assets, Advance payments, WIP etc. You need first to decide what is needed and what is not, what could be done in another etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.