Permission error while opening forms

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I am taking the backup from the old database and restoring in the new database.All the forms are working properly in the old database but when I restored the backup in the new DB, whenever the user open some forms like sale order, Item , then it is giving some error like "you do not have permission to access Contact table" like this some errors are coming , then when I try to add this in roles, then it is rectified. But why this error is coming in the newly restored DB whereas in the old db its not coming.

Is there any property we need to set in sql to avoid this roles and permissions error.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Are you sure you are using the correct license?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• ArjanLArjanL Member Posts: 23
    You speak about SQL. Did you synchronize all Users? (Tools Security)
    Are you using Windows logon and do the usernames look like GUIDS?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are both on same server or not? If not, may be license is different (it is not part of the backup if "per database" is not used).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi all,

I have synchronized all the users and I am taking the backup from one server , creating a new db in new server amd restoring the backup in the new server.

I am using the same license file which I was using in the old server.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Chandru.
  • sprashanthsprashanth Member Posts: 18
    Try changing the security model from Enhanced to Standard (File -> Database -> Alter -> Advanced), this should slove your issue.
    Cheers,
    Prashanth.