error while opening sales order/transfer order,etc

abhi1901abhi1901 Member Posts: 102
Error window showing when i am trying to open Sales Order, Transfer Order ,etc forms
i.e. "The expression option cannot be type-converted to a code vale".
But the same database on the other computer is working fine.

Comments

• evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
    Activate the Debugger(without breakpoint checked) and run the form again. What point in code does the process fail?

Have these forms been editted? or are they standard? The debugger line it snaps too when you click the form will most likely point you in the right direction.
  • abhi1901abhi1901 Member Posts: 102
    I have already tried the debugger but it is not showing any thing.
    and the same database on the other machine is working fine.
  • evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
    As in the debugger doesnt even pop open before you see the error or it doesnt show the specific failure code when it appears?

The issue must be data if both companies call the same form (custom code could allow seperate forms based on company). You dont have any filters set in the other company do you? if its trying to apply the same filters on another company then the data may not exist which returns the error(although i havent seen filtering cause that error before). Easiest way to confirm if you havent already would be to use a new .zup file quickly and see if it still crashes.

What code is in your 'Form - OnOpenForm()' for these forms? anything custom? although the issue might also be from the sub-form on open.