Options

Navision 2.01B Login Error

ParvardigarParvardigar Member Posts: 34
edited 2012-04-14 in Navision Financials
On the Domain Controller I had to create a new administrator account to access and log into Navision.
The regular administrator accounts that we use the error generated prevents access to Navision.
Message: The operating system cannot find the drive and directory specified for the file c:\document~1\jmarsh~1\Temp\_Temp_.*.

If this issue can be fixed that would be helpful for the administrator account that are prevented from accessing Navision. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    You are combining 2 things that have nothing to do with each other.

You don't need a administrator account to access and log into Navision.
    A normal user account is enough. In NAV you can always make him SUPER user if needed.

It sounds more a Windows problem than a NAV problem: or the user has no access rights to that subdir. Or the subdir does not exist.

It would also be good to know what exactly you want to create? a SUPER-user in NAV or an administrator on the domain? (that last one should have access to all subdirs on the machine if he is also an administrator on that machine).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    I wrote out an ambiguity. To log into the Domain Controller one needs an administrator account.
    I can login using two older administrator accounts. However, when I click on Navision I get the error I submitted to this board.
    Navision will not open - I get the _tmp_ error. Thus I cannot access Navision at the server using our regular domain admin accounts.
    I created a new domain admin account. Jaques.
    When I log into the Domain Controller as administrator 'Jaques' and I click on Navision I can log in to Navision.

What I need to do is fix what ever is preventing the regular admin account , once logged into the Domain - their access to Navision.
    Thus is I click on the desktop Navision Icon I get this:
    The operating system cannot find the drive and directory specified for the file c:\document~1\jmarsh~1\Temp\_Temp_.*.
    That is what I need to fix.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try rebooting the PC. If that doesn't fix your issue, remove the fin.zup file.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Please excuse my inexperience. On the workstations I believe there are individual zups.
    On the term server we have \home\users - zups.

On the Domain Controller this issue as I described is reoccuring for the last several weeks. That includes the reboots.
    The -tmp- errors.
    Thus the urgency to creating another administrator account so that we could open Navision.
    I did a search of the harddrive on the Domain Controller - there are no zups, there is no fin.zup.
    Thank you for your attentions.
    Chuck M
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The question is: from where is NAV taking the path "c:\document~1\jmarsh~1\Temp\_Temp_.*". May be some parameter used in the shortcut you are using to start the client? Because if you are logged inas another user than "jmarsh", and it is trying to use his temp folder, you could be sure that you have no permissions into this folder.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I located a few zups on domain controller server 2003 and deleted them taking note of jmarshall zup.
    I did a search for _temp_*.* and nothing came up.
    I deleted the temps from documents and settings\jmarshall\Temp -- and that did nothing.
    After deleting the zup after deleting all the temps and tmps I attempted to log into Navision and got the
    The operating system cannot find the drive and directory specified for the file c:\document~1\jmarsh~1\Temp\_Temp_.*.

As I said if I log in as Jaques (administrator account -domain controller) I can open Navision.
    However, my regular admin account is JMarshall - and it would be a healthy sign if I could use the domain account and then have unfettered
    access to Navision. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    What are the properties of your desktop Nav icon (program to run, parameters, path)?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    C:\Program Files\Navision Financials\fin.exe
  • Options
    Are there tmp-files in this folder? They can be deleted.
  • Options
    No tmps....
  • Options
    Reinstall Navision Financials, preferably in a different directory.