Enabling Change Log using Dataport

abishaanschelabishaanschel Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I'm just quite new to navision. Our client want's to write in the change log table every time user use the dataport. I would like to ask if this is possible or how can I achive to write in change log table every time user use the Dataport? Our navision verion is 5.0 SP1.

Maybe you have a links or much better a code that I can use as a reference.

Your inputs is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    You can create a table and insert the record with Dataport ID,User ID and datetime whenever dataport is ran by writing the code..
  • abishaanschelabishaanschel Member Posts: 4
    You can create a table and insert the record with Dataport ID,User ID and datetime whenever dataport is ran by writing the code..

Hi mohana_cse06, Thank you for your answer, pardon me if my question is not clear.

What client want's is to write in the change log for every dataitem\table inside the dataport. Not to record the dataport everytime it's run.

Lets say I have Dataport name "Customer" and the dataitem\table inside that dataport is "Customer" table and enable it using the change log setup. When you create or modify a customer using the customer form, it will insert a record in change log table, But it doesn't when I use the Dataport "Customer".

I hope it makes clear now.

Again, thank you for your time.. :)
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    As you have to write code in Dataports, you can also insert dataitem/table name while inserting in to new table..
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Your inputs is very much appreciated.

Just don't do this. :thumbsdown:
    David Singleton