Customer Card - any purpose for Bill-to = Customer No.???

Mike_HWGMike_HWG Member Posts: 104
I'm going to cash in my stupid question for the day :)

On a Customer Card, is there any purpose why you would want to set the Bill-to Customer No. equal to the same Customer No.?

Example:
1. Go to Customer 10000 The Cannon Group PLC
2. Set Bill-to Customer No. equal to 10000
Michael Hollinger
Systems Analyst
NAV 2009 R2 (6.00.34463)

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    there is no need to fill in the bill-to customer no unless you want to ship to this customer, and the invoice should be sent to a different customer.
  • Mike_HWGMike_HWG Member Posts: 104
    Yes, I agree, but I'm asking something slightly different. I'm asking if they are functionally the same. So far I'm thinking 'yes', but assumption has bitten me before
    Michael Hollinger
    Systems Analyst
    NAV 2009 R2 (6.00.34463)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Mike in standard Navision there will be no difference if the field is filled in or not. I have customers that do fill it in, generally for one of three reasons

1/ Consistency; they don't want it sometimes filled in and sometimes blank. It is sometimes easier to tell the usert just to fill it in than explain why sometimes it is blank.
    2/ Filtering; its easier to filter if the field is filled in, but in some cases the opposite, there is then no way to filter on customers that have bill to = sell to.
    3/ Reports; clients may report on this field, in which case it needs to be filled in.

In simple terms, if you don't have a reason to fill it, then leave it blank.
    David Singleton
  • Mike_HWGMike_HWG Member Posts: 104
    Thanks David - that's perfect.
    Michael Hollinger
    Systems Analyst
    NAV 2009 R2 (6.00.34463)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Glad to help. :thumbsup:
    David Singleton