Cancelling only invoice without shipment - NAV 5.0

iggyiggy Member Posts: 4
I am sorry to start a new topic on this, as it seems pretty basic, but I was unable to find the answer.
Is it possible to cancel a sales invoice that was generated from sales order, after shipping goods?
I need to cancel the financial document only, and not the shipment, so that the sales order keeps the same "Quantity Shipped", and resets the "Quantity invoiced".
It sometimes happens that we invoice the goods with a wrong price, as it is a bit complicated to calculate.
thank you for your answer.

iggy
iggy

Answers

• kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
    Use credit memo with out using document to reverse or shipment document.

Warm Regards
  • iggyiggy Member Posts: 4
    But in this case the Sales Order will still "think" that the goods are invoiced, i.e. "Quantity invoiced" won't be reduced.
    iggy
  • GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    In the case that you invoiced goods with wrong price I suggest to post credit memo on that items and post new sales invoice. Another option is to post a credit memo only for the difference (wrong price - right price) with Item Charge, applied to the wrong invoice. This is the statement to customer, that amount of debt is changed.
    At your disposal.
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    iggy wrote:
    I am sorry to start a new topic on this, as it seems pretty basic, but I was unable to find the answer.
    Is it possible to cancel a sales invoice that was generated from sales order, after shipping goods?
    I need to cancel the financial document only, and not the shipment, so that the sales order keeps the same "Quantity Shipped", and resets the "Quantity invoiced".
    It sometimes happens that we invoice the goods with a wrong price, as it is a bit complicated to calculate.
    thank you for your answer.

iggy
    The functionality you are looking is not present in standard NAV. However Blanket Order keeps a track of Sales Order and Sales Return order. Even in this case you will have to reverse the complete document i.e. shipment & invocie and post afresh.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • iggyiggy Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your reply.
    iggy