no decimal places at all.

rchikkarchikka Member Posts: 23
Hi All,

We have come across for one of our customer, where , in their country the govt wont allow decimal places at all. We can achieve this by using autoformat type and expr and also in gen.ledger setup ( amount decimal places and unit amount decimal places ) we may control to display the same on the form level.

However we do need to control the same through out the system. ( effectively to say.. that no decimal place at all in database)..

can it be achieved ? if so kindly help us.

Regards,
Rchikka.

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    No, that can't be achieved without thourougly redesigning NAV with integers everywhere there are decimals.
    Even the setup you did now, will store the numbers with decimal places (but they will all be 0).

I would not recommend to do this because
    1: You'll destroy alot of functionality (like item charge assignment, unit of measure (selling 1,5 KG of bulkitem won't be possible))
    2: The entire db without decimals is not allowed? Very hard to believe. I think the government of that region would like no decimal places in the money, but items, resources, and other areas are or should of no concern to them.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • rchikkarchikka Member Posts: 23
    Thanks Mr. Sog for the reply..

Actually i had put it the wrong way..

yes .. you are right. only the amount fields need to be rounded off and no decimal values should be allowed. Can this be achieved ?.

sorry for the confustion caused.

Regards,
    Kalyan.
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    rchikka wrote:
    can it be achieved ?
    Yes in many ways.
    rchikka wrote:
    if so kindly help us.
    Certainly. Contact your nearest MS NAV Partner company or freelance MVP.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    rhpnt wrote:
    rchikka wrote:
    can it be achieved ?
    Yes in many ways.
    rchikka wrote:
    if so kindly help us.
    Certainly. Contact your nearest MS NAV Partner company or freelance MVP.

Is this really so difficult. I may be wrong but it seems that "Amount Rounding Precision" value "1" will suffice the requirement.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    In reality it's not, but we don't really know what this guy wants so...
  • rchikkarchikka Member Posts: 23
    Thanks all.