Creating an attachment table on version 3.70

DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
Hello, I've Attain 3.70 and I want to simulate the "files table" from version 5. I've created a table and it works fine, but I don's know how can I do to show on "Description" field the file name. On version 5 it's automatic, you up the attachment and automatically it shows the file name in the Description field. How can I do this?.
Also I can't attach office 2007 or 2010 files, only 2003 version and pdf's. I've installed the ocs file, "Microsoft Common Dialog Control, version 6.0".
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I have done this two ways.
    One is a plain Linked Attachments table & form where you can add linkes to Customers,Vendor,Items,Deposits. You can add others if you need it.

http://www.biloltd.net/Mibuso/F50060-Li ... hments.txt (form)
    http://www.biloltd.net/Mibuso/T50009-Li ... hments.txt (Table)

To get to it you add a command button on the:
    Customer Card
    PushAction:RunObject
    RunObject:Form Linked Attachments
    RunFormLink:Type=CONST(Customer),No.=FIELD(No.)

Vendor Card
    PushAction:RunObject
    RunObject:Form Linked Attachments
    RunFormLink:Type=CONST(Vendor),No.=FIELD(No.)

etc.
    etc.

This is very basic & works fine - I've also created a full blown one if this doesn't do what you need.
  • DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
    Thanks Savatage, it's perfect; but to put the file description automatically? is there any way?.
    Thanks for your help.
    edited 2012-04-03
    What do you mean by file description?

This is how I see it.
    I mean that, in 5 or 9 version, there is a field called "Description"; when you attach the file, automatically in this field appears the file name.
    Following your example, is you attach the file 1104-Store List.xls, is Description field appears "1104-Store List". I don't know how it works, I've seen in these versions and is very useful for users; i know you can see the path and finally the file name, but many times the patch is long.
    Thanks.
    so are you saying the lookup to a file is working correctly?
    and where you select that file you are seeinthe the full path in nav, as the pic shows?

That's done on the assistedit trigger of the attachment field in the form.
    see form link.

As I said earlier I have done this two ways, the second way does have a description field, but it's manually entered. I felt if the user who uses it namedit themselves then they can find it easier.
    I guess you could find the last slash "/" in the string with STRPOS and delete everything before it. Then save that value into the description field. :-k

Never tried it.
    Thanks, I'll try what you offer.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Savatage wrote:
    I guess you could find the last slash "/" in the string with STRPOS and delete everything before it. Then save that value into the description field.

Or save everything after the slash -W/ COPYSTR & STRLEN