Options

Non-Compilation Issue

Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
edited 2012-03-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi mibuso.com team - hope all well :D!

Here's a fun issue for a Friday afternoon!

In a 2009 R2 SQL Database (6.00.3212) and compiling an object - it never finishes compiling and never gives an error - also if I open another version of the same database and try and export the object as a text file - the same again - it never finishes exporting and never gives an error - also if I open another version of the same database and try and design the object - the same again - it never opens in design mode and never gives an error. Checked the Event Viewer just in case but nothing reported. Anybody ever seen this error and know how to get around it! The Report is 208 - modified and the client recently graduated from 6.01.

Thanks for your help as always
Big D signing off!

Comments

• Options
    SNielsenSNielsen Member Posts: 37
    Hey D,

try and run NAV as administrator, i have seen this issue a couple of times in the past months on Windows with UAC. (right click, and choose run as administrator).
  • Options
    Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
    Hi SNielsen

After a frustrating afternoon looking at dead Navision screens I worked it out myself - opened up the client's 2009 R2 database with a client build of 32012 when it should of been opened with client build of 32775 - unlike other versions of NAV - I get no update warning when opening so didn't trig on doh ](*,) !

Thanks for your help and enjoy your w/e :D
    Big D signing off!