Manufactruing Problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
I am using Navision 5.0 World Wide Version Native DB. I have created 1 Released production order when I am posting Output and consumption from Production Journal or via Consumption journal form, then system creates 2 Item Ledger Entry for 1 Item (say, A) and 1 Production Order No (Say,RPO/11-12/042). Sometimes it creates extra ILE Line with 0 quantity and some times it creates ILE in fractions but sum of quantity is correct.

For Example :->
I have 2.24KG total consumption quantity for 1 Item (say, A) but in ILE some times system creates two ILE, one ILE with 2.24KG quantity and another ILE with 0 quantity and sometimes system creates two ILE one ILE with 2.20 quantity and another ILE with 0.04 quantity but both entries are applied with same ILE (+ve Quantity). I am not getting why it is doing so? Costing method is FIFO and manufacturing Policy is Make to Stock.

Amount Decimal Places in G/L Setup is 2:2, Unit Amount Decimal Places is 2:5, Amount Rounding Precision is 0.01, Unit-Amount Rounding Precision id 0.00001 and Appln. Rounding Precision is 0.01

Another thing is when I am reversing this wrong transaction via consumption journal and output Journal then it is showing me following error:

Shipped Qty. not returned is Too Low in Item Ledger Entry Entry No. = '1088'
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Any update from you guyssssssssssssssss
    Vikram Dabas
  • jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    Cross check how the Warehouse team issues materials to the production team. Whether they are issuing partial material or not. If yes then please check how much they have issued against this case.
    We have sufficient inventory if not then system will show you an error negative Inventory not allowed in Database.
    Warehouse team Issues Materials fully and if not available at Manufacturing Location they they again Issue material. One more magical thing is both Item Ledger Entries (wanted and Unwanted means zero) applying to same inBound Entry (with +ve one).
    Vikram Dabas
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Why don't you debug the process so you can explain the magic?

"Shipped Qty. not returned is Too Low in Item Ledger Entry Entry No. = '1088'" <- this is a standard (but new since NAV09 I believe) error that disallows shipment to be returned when this field does not have the same amount as the quantity. Didn't really search for the reasoning behind it, I just assume they implemented it so you can't undo a shipment on the next day.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    I debugg and found Quantity 0 in ILE is not reaaly 0 it is 0.0000001111 like this now I dont know why it is doing so, I noticed one more thin it has done with only 1 Item not with all I have blocked that Item and created new Item it is running fine. Please let me know reason behind so that if in Live Databse this type of error comes then we can sort it out easily client is going live on 1st April 2012 only 1 Day left please help so that I will not stuck in Live DB if same occurs in Live DB then I cant create new Item k
    2 Days left for going Live please help me. I hope I shall get help from you.
    Vikram Dabas
    Better you have to set the rounding precision to 2 digits.
    Where I'll put Round precision to 2 Decimal Places you are talking in General Ledger Setup in Amount Rounding Precision to 0.01 or you are talking to put Round in Codeunit 22 (means in Code I can Round ILE.Quantity to 2 decimal Places in INITItemLedgerEntry Function)
    Vikram Dabas
    Go to the Table 83 - Item Journal Line and on the properties set decimal places to 2 digits.
  • lubostlubost Member Posts: 623
    Hi,

splitting issues entries depends on how the system applies these issues to positive entries - sometimes 1:1, sometimes 1:N. It is the standard behavior. You can see the application in Item Ledger Entry List form.
    DEAR LUBOST,

I understand its a system behaviour but entries in ILE like Quantity=0.0000011111 (system created entries) is inlogical.Please help meeeeeeeeee ASAP.
    Vikram Dabas