Database Version 105

FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
I came across a NAV 5 SP1 DB which has a database version no. 105 in ndo$dbproperty. The only ones in this area I know of are 93 (5.0 SP1), 95 (5.0 SP1 CU1) and then 120 (2009 RC1). Anyone knows what this is?
Maybe 5.0 SP1 CU2?
Frank Dickschat
FD Consulting

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    FDickschat wrote:
    I came across a NAV 5 SP1 DB which has a database version no. 105 in ndo$dbproperty. The only ones in this area I know of are 93 (5.0 SP1), 95 (5.0 SP1 CU1) and then 120 (2009 RC1). Anyone knows what this is?
    Maybe 5.0 SP1 CU2?

5.0 SP1 CU2 should be version 100. So I guess 105 is an update after CU2. Or more likely it is an early 2009 and someone did a manual down grade, but didn't do it properly. Having a higher version DB than the client is a bad thing, because Navision checks for lower versions to upgrade, but in many versions it does not care if its a newer DB version and allows you to run.
    David Singleton
    Hmm just checking

http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php? ... ers_in_NAV

120 was the first 2009 version. So really not sure what 105 is. Maybe a CTP version of 2009.
    David Singleton
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    The customer runs a 5 SP1 executable on SQL2005. Will need to check which build this is.

Strangely opening this DB with a 2009 executable did not bring up the question whether you want to convert it but simply a SQL error that the column "enabledforserver" in ndo$dbproperty does not exist. So it seems the 2009 exe assumes (by the version no.?) that this is a 2009 DB.

David, do you know what the column "enabledforserver" is actually used for?
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    FDickschat wrote:
    The customer runs a 5 SP1 executable on SQL2005. Will need to check which build this is.

Strangely opening this DB with a 2009 executable did not bring up the question whether you want to convert it but simply a SQL error that the column "enabledforserver" in ndo$dbproperty does not exist. So it seems the 2009 exe assumes (by the version no.?) that this is a 2009 DB.

David, do you know what the column "enabledforserver" is actually used for?

Isn't that the flag to say that the SQL db is enabled for Nav middle tier (RTC) server?

So my guess would be that this came from a CTP version of 2009.

I recommend a Navision backup and restore into a clean DB. You can probably just change the db version to one lower than the EXE they are running, this can trigger a DB upgrade which in many cases will fix it, but isn't a guarantee. Dean McRae is probably the only person that would know for sure.
    David Singleton
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Isn't that the flag to say that the SQL db is enabled for Nav middle tier (RTC) server?
    Ahh, yes, of course.
    So my guess would be that this came from a CTP version of 2009.
    That makes sense. Thanks.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting