Options

Net Interop for using Nab Webservices

jvakjvak Member Posts: 6
edited 2012-03-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,

This is the situation I am trying to accomplish:

I have 2 seperate databases. One we use as an operational database, the other one as a financial one.
I want to create a non posted invoice in the operational database, push it to the financial one, post it there and return the posted invoice back to the operational database.
This is because we do not want to have financial data in the operational database, only in the financial one.

So, i have published page 43 (Page Sales Invoice) as a webservice in the financial database.
I have created a .dll in Visual Studio which has just a reference to this webservice.

I am using .Net Interop to consume this webservice in the operational database.
So far so good. This works just fine (you can find solutions to consume webservices with .Net Interop on this and other forums).

I'm able to create the sales header record with all the necessary data in the financial database without problem.
But however I see no possibility to create the sales lines in the financial database using .Net Interop. There seems to be no way to accomplish that.

Has anyone already did this using .Net Interop?

If I publish also page 47 (Sales Invoice Subform) as a webservice and use also this reference in my dll, then I can use this webservice to create those sales lines without problems.

But I wonder why it is not possible with only exposing page 43 as a webservice.

Maybe there is someone out there that could give me a clue for this.
Thanks in advance.