Interaction of NAV with Isabel GO in Belgium

stevdebstevdeb Member Posts: 13
Hi,

For Belgium, there has been an adjustment on the electronic banking module to allow direct transfer with Isabel. No more saving and uploading of bank files... Before starting to promote this to customers, I would like to know if some of you have already installed this in a live environment. Thanks for any input.

Regards,
Steven

Comments

• jmfoxjmfox Member Posts: 5
    I have implemented this feature (I mean "attended mode" for both upload and download) twice so far. Installation went pretty straightforward, however afterwards, I am wondering what is the added value of this, especially for the download of CODA files.

It certainly provides a direct communication between NAV and the Isabel server and the authentication process is also straightforward, but there are too many steps necessary to get the job done and the IBS journal has some drawbacks. Maybe am I missing (or not understanding) some features and it's only me, but I have the following concerns :

1) To download CODA files, the number of mouse clicks is equivalent whether you work in manual or attended mode.

2) In attended mode after authentication on the Isabel server and download of the files, "download IBS log records" are created in the new IBS journal with the "Process status" set to "Created".
    But to get the downloaded CODA files into NAV, you actually still have to go to the corresponding Bank Account card and proceed the same way as before (CODA/Import CODA/Select file/etc.), i.e. the same way as if you were downloading the files manually...

3) Once a CODA file is imported in the "CODA Statement" table via step 2 above, the download IBS log record remains with status "Created". The IBS journal does not allow to distinguish between processed/imported CODA files and not processed/imported.

4) Since the status remains "Created", it is not possible to archive "download IBS log records". Archive only works with "upload IBS log records", which you can later delete.

5) The "download IBS log records" have no information that would make them easily identifiable with the corresponding downloaded CODA file.
    The only distinctive fields are the name (but see remark 5 below) and the "IBS Request ID" (example: 50.521.446.002.494.100.000.000.000.000.000) but it does not correspond to any other field in the downloaded CODA file.

6) If you download several CODA files in a batch, they are named "attachment.0", "attachment.1", "attachment.3", etc. This can be problematic if you work with several banks in Isabel. If you download a week later new files, they will get the same files names.

I have queried Microsoft's support about this but I was redirected to the WhitePaper "Suppport for ISABEL6 and SEPA Credit Transfer" published in May 2011, which I had already read before and where I did not find any answers to my questions, hence my call to Microsoft' support...

B.r.

JMF
  • stevdebstevdeb Member Posts: 13
    Hi JM,

I've also tried to use the whitepaper to learn about the functionality, but indeed, it does not explain you the complete workflow. Then I used the object designer to learn how it works;-). Unfortunately, I came to the same conclusions as you have: Users still have to do the export and import actions, importing CODA statements does not update the status of the log entries, the function only automates the upload and download. Conclusion: My expectations of the functionality were much higher;-).

Thanks for sharing this information and good luck.
    Regards,
    Steven