Posting a Purchase Order - Updating of posting tables

liizzliizz Member Posts: 125
Hello,

I want to ask when doing a posting of a Purchase Order, which posted tables are being updated?

Please does both the options 'Receive' and 'Invoice' affect the same posted tables?

Also, at what point of times do the fields 'Qty. to Receive' , 'Quantity Received', 'Qty. to Invoice', 'Quantity Invoiced' get updated on the Purchase Line.

I really need some explicit clarifications.

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

This is not an easy question to answer. It depends on what you are posting, your setup, your NAV version, your localizations and customizations. Have you tried to post one yourself and see what tables got modified?

But in general:
    Posting a receipt will post to the item ledger and related tables, general ledger and related tables and to the posted purchase receipt tables. But if you have WMS turned on it will also use the Warehouse tables.

Posting the invoice for the Purchase order will post to the Vendor Ledger and General ledger and all their related tables.
    It will also create records in the Posted Purchase invoice tables.

So because so many tables will be affected and it all depends on so many variables, it will not be possible to give you a complete list of tables that will be modified during the posting of a purchase order.

On the quantities:
    Qty to receive, this defaults to the remaining qty to receive (Qty - Qty Received) this can be overwritten by the user. Check the initqtytoreceive trigger on table 39.
    Qty to invoice, defaults to the remaining qty to invoice. Look at the trigger initqtytoinvoice on table 39 Purchase line. Again this can be changed by the user before posting.
    Qty Received. This gets updated during the posting of a purchase receipt
    Qty Invoiced, this fields gets updated during the posting of the invoice.

hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    I will recommended you to discuss it with your functional consultant.

for updating table you can search a tool on mibuso.