Diff between Sell to and Ship to address?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I want to know the difference between Sell-to address and Ship-to address. Both are used for shpping the itsems ,then whats the difference between these 2.If anyone knows the differencem kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandru.

Comments

• BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

The Sell-to is the address of the Sell-to customer.
    The Ship-to is the physical address where the items should be delivered to.
    For example the purchaser of the company that you sell to works at head-office, but they would like the items to be delivered to the warehouse at a different address.

Sometimes the Sell-to address can be the same as the Ship-to address but not always.

NAV gives you flexibility to use the different addresses if you need it for your specific requirements. If you always have same address for Sell-to and Ship-to, then don't use Ship-to Codes and they should be the same (unless you manually modify one set of the addresses).

Regards,
    Ben
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi BenSydney,

so you mean to say like if the address for shpping the goods is same as customer address , then we dont want to give ship to code else if the address for shipping the goods is different from the customer's address, then we need to give ship to code.

am i correct?

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • BenSydneyBenSydney Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

Yes, but you need to add the Ship-to Address detail first for the Customer before you can assign it as a Ship-To Code on the document.
    You could also manually change the Ship-to Address details on the sales document without using a Ship-to Code if it is different from Sell-to Address detail. Usually you will do this if it is only applicable for the specific sales document and you are not going to re-use the shipping address again.

Regards,
    Ben
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi BenSydney,

Got it.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Chandru.