Budget Bug in NAV 3.70?

LexNavLexNav Member Posts: 2
Im wondering if I have a bug...

I'm working in NAV3.70 (5.0 SP1)

In Budgets, I filter on a Department Filter and Project Filter....

So when Department = "PRODUCTION" and I set Project = '' or I leave it blank, I get the same values no matter if I leave it blank or set it to ''

When Department = "SALES" and I set Project = '' I get my values
but...
When Department = "SALES" and I leave the Project filter blank, I do not get any values.

This does not make sense to me. Why can I leave project blank for one department value but have to set it to '' for the other?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Three Tier' forum to 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

Remember that when you filter on '' for your project code, it will retrieve only the records with a blank project code. And that is different then blanking out your filter because that will retrieve records with any project code.

It sounds like you have records with the exact opposite total budget amount with the non-blank project code in your budget as you have records with the blank project code. And that is why it is not displaying data when you clear your filter.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.