Accessing Navision Business Layer through a Web Service demo

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi All,

Could any pioneer share the sample demos link of accessing Navision Business Layer through a Web Service?

Thanks in advance.
lally

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you even try to find already written articles? ;-) e.g. http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/navdev/ar ... rvice.aspx
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thank you kine.

I am looking for the demo presentations which need to show to propspects ?

Thanks in Advance.
    lally
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    lally wrote:
    Thank you kine.

I am looking for the demo presentations which need to show to propspects ?

Thanks in Advance.

I am sure I can help you with this. Just PM me the name of the prospect, tel number and the contact details of the buyer in charge, and I will make sure they get the demo they need.
    David Singleton

I am sure I can help you with this. Just PM me the name of the prospect, tel number and the contact details of the buyer in charge, and I will make sure they get the demo they need.

Thank you for the answer David. If i really need your help , sure i would contact you.

I am looking for the sample demos link of accessing Navision Business Layer through a Web Service functionality ? I tried in many ways for the demo of web services functionality , but result is nil.

Could you share the me the link if you have any ?

Thanks in advance.
    lally
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You must understand, that if you want to demo something to your prospect, than it is your job to do that. It is demo o your company, of your knowledge, of your preparation...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks Kine.

I agree with you . As you know many NAV product feature demo's availble in MS partner source,but i cannot get the webservices demo . So i request you all know any MS demo link for the webservices functionality. Please share.
    lally
    I feel for this customer is so many ways.

I imagine that if you close the deal, that in a couple of months we are going to see posts on mibuso asking how to deliver the system that you promised the customer.

ON the bright side, as a person that runs a business dedicated to fixing Navision implementations gone bad, its great to know that there is always going to be plenty of work for me down the line. ](*,)
    David Singleton
    I feel for this customer is so many ways.

I imagine that if you close the deal, that in a couple of months we are going to see posts on mibuso asking how to deliver the system that you promised the customer.

ON the bright side, as a person that runs a business dedicated to fixing Navision implementations gone bad, its great to know that there is always going to be plenty of work for me down the line. ](*,)

Hi David,

Don't think that you are the only clever or knowledgeble person in this world.

I have seen some posts where you are also keep asking this kind of links , if people say the same kind of answer to you then what would be your situations.

Example :

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52113

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=52101 - in the both posts you were seeking (links) the help from our indian MVP . If Sandeep would have given the same kind of answer what you had given to me .

If you are ready to help how other people helped to you , else please :-#
    lally
    Lally,

I am sorry that you don't understand what this is about.

Navision partners should only sell what they are able to support. Its no good to simply ask around for demos, put something together and hope to close the deal. Yes I know that a lot of this happened in the early days, back when there just were not enough partners with enough skills to make it happen. Still today we see the results of many sales that should not have been.

A Navision partner (actually any company selling any high end service) should focus on an area that it can specialize in, where it has the in house skills to deliver the product needed by their clients. Microsoft are pushing this strongly with their emphasis on having partners focus on Vertical Markets.

If your company does not have the skill set to put together a web services demo, then you need to consider talking with a partner that can do it and do a joint project. OR you can invest now in training and learn what is needed. Meet with the prospect, analyses their needs, and develop a prototype solution, this will help you decide if you really are able to deliver a finished product, and if not the cost spent on the prototype will be far less than you would lose on a bad implementation.

Fortunately the days of selling the solution, then learning how to deliver during the delivery phase is long past.

The thing is that sales like this are not only bad for the Client, they are bad for you. You will find yourself consuming more resources than you expected, your client will be upset and that will lead to a lot of free work. It will cost you money in the long run.

I have been there and done that, I just wished that when I first started in Navision someone had told me that sometimes its better to walk away from a deal than to try to close every single one. Wouldn't it be great only to do the implementations that make a profit?
    David Singleton
    Oh and one more tip.

Any customer that buys Navision from a partner based on the demo is a customer you don't want. Customers should choose a partner based on their merits and ability to deliver a solution. NOT on their ability to do a flashy demo.
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    lally wrote:
    Example :

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52113

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=52101 - in the both posts you were seeking (links) the help from our indian MVP . If Sandeep would have given the same kind of answer what you had given to me .

If you are ready to help how other people helped to you , else please :-#

Don't ever say that again [-X

I hate when people talk of countries, areas, religion. It just stinks of racism :thumbsdown: . We are equal members of professional community and don't corrupt it.

Further David was looking for information on topics which were unclear to the whole commuinity and Microsoft Dynamics ecosystem. I am sure the information requested was after all efforts to find clarity failed. You are asking for a finished product (somebody should put in hard work to make that) which you can directly showcase and win contracts. Further the information sought is very basic stuff of NAV 2009 and lot of information is freely available.
    I have myself made a couple of demos of webservices and marketing material is available on the partnersource. You should work hard to prepare the stuff.

Finally don't expect that the forum will deliver you everything you are looking for. This is a free professional forum and nobody gets paid for the services we deliver. The forum continues to do its work and the motivation is the "Passion" and not money which drives us.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in