Post & Print sales invoices copies

VeicaVeica Member Posts: 43
Hello,

I'm trying to find where I can tell the system to only print 1 copy of the sales invoice when we hit "Post & Print". Right now it prints 2 copies and we don't need the second one at all. I don't want to ask our partner for this cause I'm pretty sure it's easy to do. I tried finding the answer in the forum but no luck!

Thank you!

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2012-03-20
    does it always print two or just some customers?

if it's some customers then check the customer card for "Invoice Copies" & set it to Zero.

Or is it a situation that if you print 1 your get 2 if you print 2 you get 4 if you print 3 you get 9?
    there's a post about that too.
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24981
  • VeicaVeica Member Posts: 43
    It always prints 2 copies of the invoices.
    on all printers or just a specific printer.
    If just a specific printer then check the printers default settings - copies mught be set to two.

is this a new problem or one you've always had?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    I see you marked it as solved - can you tell us what your final solution was so it can help other's that come across the same problem.
    I found a piece of code (everything is modified here!!) that had number of copies to print at 2 so I changed it and it's working fine now.

Thanks everyone for your help :D
    Hardcoded? Or was it some option in the setup table?
    Nope...it was actually hardcoded..never seen this before but hey...nothing surprises me about this client anymore!! :roll:
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Veica wrote:
    ... I don't want to ask our partner for this cause I'm pretty sure it's easy to do. ...
    Veica wrote:
    Nope...it was actually hardcoded..never seen this before but hey...nothing surprises me about this client anymore!! :roll:

So are you the client or the vendor?

Why would the client be blamed for bad coding?
    David Singleton
    I'm the client and I'm not blaming the client for bad coding....when the implemented NAV 2 years ago they didn't know how to do things and they just had the partner code and modify the system until it did what they wanted, now that we have new management and they get this system, we have to undo most of what was done.

They never sat down to think about what really needed to be done...they implemented in a hurry and now, 2 years later we're still trying to fix issues.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Veica wrote:
    I'm the client and I'm not blaming the client for bad coding....when the implemented NAV 2 years ago they didn't know how to do things and they just had the partner code and modify the system until it did what they wanted, now that we have new management and they get this system, we have to undo most of what was done.

They never sat down to think about what really needed to be done...they implemented in a hurry and now, 2 years later we're still trying to fix issues.

An end user really cant be expected to know how to code, its not their job, that's what the partner is for. In cases where the client takes over for them selves its never ideal. And without proper support, it often doesn't save money.
    David Singleton