Options

opening entry

anjalianjali Member Posts: 75
hello everybody,
i want to know how to post opening entries while starting a new company. say i hv created a new company ,all the setups have been done but no amount against any head in chart of accounts . now the organisation for whom i have done this setup have some amounts in their balance sheet against each and every head, so how i could post those amount in my chart of account.
suppose in our chart of accounts opening creditor will be xxxxxxxxxxx
then how to pass the journal entry . what will be the balancing amount in this case. similarly with almost all the heads.
do any change in journal template , source code going to help me in passing opening entries or not?
is there any such functionality in navision to post opening entries?

plz help
anjali

Comments

• Options
    ramyavenkatramyavenkat Member Posts: 94
    Hi anjali,
    Please refer the Financial Mangament PDF. There, you would have a very detailed description of how to post opening entries. You can also find a document "opening entries.pdf" in the FTP site. You will have access to it if you are a parter.

Generally, opening entries are passed using General Journals. Get a trial balance prepared for all the accounts and enter the accounts through the general journal.

For more information, you can search the forum. You will find many threads on this topic.
    Good luck.
    Ramya