" G/L Account '' does not exist"

pathaniarvpathaniarv Member Posts: 15
Hi,
Dear All,
I am getting one very unusual problem, actually while i am trying to post sales credit note i got an error message that " G/L Account '' does not exist". i go though with my all setup but found each and everything is ok and i also try to post the document by selecting different- different G/L account but got same error.

Please suggest me that where is the gap.

Thanks in Advance,
pathanirv.

Comments

• gensmanngensmann Member Posts: 24
    Hi,

I could be a G/L account in the VAT posting setup or somewhere else. Try enabling the debugger to determine what G/L acc. no. creates the error. This should also show which table contains the G/L account referenced. Then find that table and check the setup.

Hope this helps.
    Best regards Poul Anker Gensmann
    http://www.gbusiness-solutions.com
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

I would suspect some changes in CU 12. The error message will most likely come from InitGLEntry(), which has been called by the function desiring a new G/L entry.

HTH

Jens

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lxiyot
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Step one if you want help with an error message is to post the actual error message.

I am guessing it is something like.
    ---------------------------
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    G/L Account No. '' does not exist. 

OK   

When you get the error, copy the text and post it in between
    [code]

[/code] tags, don't add " or'' around it since that may or may not be a part of the error, and when you also add spaces in its hard to determine the exact error. And when you type the message wrong (as you did) we can't tell if its a typo from you, or maybe someone hard coded an error message with a typo.
    David Singleton
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Check the G/L Entry table should not have any entry with entry no. 0.
  • pathaniarvpathaniarv Member Posts: 15
    Hi Everyone,
    First of all i really very thankful to you that you give me idea to resolve the error which occur while i try to post an Credit not and the Error message " G/L Account '' does not exist"

The Solution for this is...................

Please check EXCISE SETUP table and check if there is any line inserted without EXCSIE PAYABLE ACCOUNT, then either fill the excise payable setup or remove that line.

Thanks,

Pathaniarv.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    pathaniarv wrote:
    The Solution for this is...................
    Quote:
    Please check EXCISE SETUP table and check if there is any line inserted without EXCSIE PAYABLE ACCOUNT, then either fill the excise payable setup or remove that line.

I wonder if they are interlinked :-k
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in