Options

text conversion error with stx file running RTC

wicwic Member Posts: 96
edited 2012-03-19 in NAV Three Tier
hi all,
I've the known text conversion error with stx file since I updated the build to 33104.
More strange: it appears only with some reports. Those reports are using RDLC-layout (not using classic report)
More strange: if I start Nav 2009 as Administrator (RUN AS), it works. ](*,)

I gave full acces to the user to the Dynamics NAV folder locally, and on the NAV server too...to try to understand..but it didn't help. :-k
The classic client is working well, not stx error and the specified reports are working)

Why does it work with administrator?
Why does RTC use STX file?? I read that NAV2009 doesn't use stx file anymore so why oh why?
What is wrong with my stx?
Did I mix something between NAV Server (middle tier) and my local installation?

(In Switzerland, we have 3 languages DES/FRS/ITS/ENU... and naturally each language has it's own .stx, so which STX should I use? )
(the reports were compiled several times)

just between us: What the hell is that with this avalanche of hotfixes appearing weekly? how can customers keep the faith with so many builds? :thumbsdown:

Mind open for every tips! let's do brainstorm!
Nice week-end
Chris
#### Only one can survive ######

Comments

• Options
    alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
    I had a similar problem recently. There are files nclsrt.etx and nclsrt.stx in a hotfix (build). These file should be copied NOT ONLY to mid-tier service root folder, but also to language folders (DES/FRS/ITS/ENU ) on the mid-tier.
    Hope this helps.