Options

More then one NAS on one Server?

olavolav Member Posts: 8
edited 2005-02-24 in Navision e-Commerce
Is it possible to have more then 1 application server run one server? If yes then how many? I have one customer and he has more then 200 shops all over the country and he wants to use Navision 4.0 and BizTalk server 2004, Commerce Server 2002 and NAS commerce Gateway and commerce Portal. Can i use 1 NAS to more then one shop and if yes then how many shops can use one NAS?

Olav

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Yes it is possible to run more than one NAS per server. See the installation guide for details, because you will need to do that through command lines.

You can run as many NAS instances as you are allowed in your license. This is only limited by your hardware. Obviously, if you have 20 NAS's running that do extensive posting, then you might want to consider more than one machine.

You need one NAS per company. If your customer has 200 shops, and they consequently have 200 companies in Navision, then you will have to buy 200 instances of NAS in your license. If this is done differently (e.g. each store has a STORE dimension in one Navision company) then this would change. I think you should get in touch with your solution center for help.