How could change some fields on Lines to affect on Header

vandangvandang Member Posts: 101
My current solution for this issue is customize code on Form 5025649: Repair Type - onValidate trigger:

IF ("Repair Type" = 'Warranty') THEN BEGIN
ServiceHeaderG."Bill-to Customer No." := 'PAG';
ServiceHeaderG.MODIFY;
END;

It could change Bill-to Customer No. after I click on Header. That's not my expect solution. It should change immediately and all fields related to Bill-to Customer No. field (Bill-to Name, Bill-to Name 2, Bill-to Address...) should be updated too. Any suggestion is welcome

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The logic is wrong. Rethink it out so that you can put this functionality in the header. The problem you have now is just the beginning of a series of issues you are going to have.

You should never modify a header from aline table in Navision.
    David Singleton
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Did you search this forum "Update header form through line form"? This has been discussed many times.

AFAIK You can not update header form from line until you click on header form if you want, then you need to have a look on TimerInterval property of header form(can cause of some performance issue).
  • vandangvandang Member Posts: 101
    The logic is wrong. Rethink it out so that you can put this functionality in the header. The problem you have now is just the beginning of a series of issues you are going to have.

You should never modify a header from aline table in Navision.

Thanks David, I think you are right! I checked on NAV 2009 W1 version W1 6.00(6.00.2926), there is no Bill-to Customer on line area while my version I'm working on exist such field. So that the way this requirement was born