Auto Openfile on dynamic filename possible?

rocopsarocopsa Member Posts: 38
Dear experts,

I am doing some data exchange with other system in Navision and expected it as automatically at nightime without manual work.

But, I have encounter difficulties on the Import side to Navision.....

The filename to be imported contains "time" on it. So, I cannot fix it into the "filename" of the Openfile in Excel Buffer.

The full filename likes: D:\Import\itm_20120315223148.xls

What I can fix is the directory, filename, date and file format: "D:\Import\itm_20120315" & ".xls", but not 223148 which is the HHMMSS.

So, is it possible to omit the HHMMSS and open the file as if file with name fullfill the former part only?

I have succeed in writing codes to loop the time until it gets the file, but, it is very very time consuming. Thus, I would like to have a better solution.....

Please kindly help!!! [-o<

Thanks,
Rocopsa

Answers

• rocopsarocopsa Member Posts: 38
    I have found the solution on this!!! :D

There is an invisible table named "File" in Navision that can show files in a specified directory. So, by using this, I can filter out the filename that carries the former part only:

//recFile is the table "File"
    //text50000 is text constant as '%1*'
    For example, the fixed filename is D:\testing20120307, then, filter out filename starts by this.

WITH recFile DO BEGIN
    RESET;
    SETRANGE(Path,'D:\');
    SETRANGE("Is a file",TRUE);
    SETFILTER(Name,STRSUBSTNO(text50000,'testing20120307'));
    IF FIND('-') THEN
    FileName:= 'D:\' + Name;
    END;

In this way, I can get the full filename for Openbook function in Execl Buffer. :wink: