Req. Worksheet Issue

airamairam Member Posts: 88
Hi All,

I'm having a problem with the Req. Worksheet with different locations. Here's a summary:

My client is service based and uses the Inventory only for in-house items: stationary, food items and marketing material. All these items are stored in different locations:

Stationary - Store Room 1
Food - Kitchen
Marketing - Store Room 2

As these items do not have an SKU, I added the "Components at Location" as Store Room 1. "Use Forecast on Locations" Field is set to true and "Location is Mandatory" set to true too. But now I'm having a problem with the Req. Worksheet for the food and marketing items. All the items are set as Fixed Reorder Qty. But when I click the Calculate Plan I'm getting ALL the items with the quantity equal to the Reorder Quantity, and location set as Store Room 1. When in reality I should be getting a list of those items which are below the Reorder Point at their respective location.

I hope I was clear in my explanation. Kindly let me know how I can go around it pls!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    SKU in NAV are mandatory when using Locations - the process of creating SKU(s) takes about a minute or so. Without SKU's and "Location mandatory" set to true there is a chance that the Req. worksheet might give some "strange" results.
    airam wrote:
    ...I added the "Components at Location" as Store Room 1. "Use Forecast on Locations" Field is set to true...
    I'm not really sure what you mean by that or where it is set.
  • SCSImplSCSImpl Member Posts: 6
    Yup, this is very true even with the latest NAV version (maybe not the latest, but R2 is what I am referring to). The calculations produced from the Req. worksheet are unreliable and inconsistent if SKU is not used, although I don't think using SKU is necessarily a mandate.

Just to clarify for the poster, setting up Components At Location check/Location mandatory does not mean the same thing as creating SKUs. You need to run this function on the item card, Function/Create Stockeeping Units. Hope this helps.