NAS Net Type and Performance

spider1269spider1269 Member Posts: 70
Is there a performance difference between using TCP/IP vs. Default as the Net Type on the NAS configuration? All of our NAS had been set up with Default as the Net Type and I'm wondering if I should change it to TCP/IP which is what the NAS whitepaper suggests.

Comments

• spider1269spider1269 Member Posts: 70
    Another issue we're seeing is that NAS processes are now taking 5-6 times longer than they used to. We did a large Item rename last week (2,500 items) and now some of the NAS processes we have running take hours to run. We've rebuilt the indexes but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.

The odd thing is if we run the processes manually they take the normal amount of time. Nothing else has changed on the NAS server that we can tell.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    spider1269 wrote:
    Another issue we're seeing is that NAS processes are now taking 5-6 times longer than they used to.
    Check the TEMP folder under this NAS User. “C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp”. Sometimes, the temp-files created by the NAS are not removed afterwards. I have seen a temp-dir of 2 GB of those temporary files, so I created a Windows job to remove these files periodically.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    The temp folder was around 350 mb. I'll see if that helps. Thanks.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Check if your NAS has enough object cache. If it doesn't, it always need to get the objects from the DB.

And yes, TCP/IP is faster than default.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

The object cache is set to 128000 KB. There is only 2 gb of RAM on the server so we're looking at bumping that up.

Deleting the temp folder contents doesn't seem to have made a difference. I'm looking at network issues now.