connection between store and ho db on single machine

aamollaamoll Member Posts: 42
I want to create the connection between store and ho database on the single desktop throw DD or cfront.Is this possible or not..

Comments

• KishraguKishragu Member Posts: 45
    It is possible, are you getting any error message when testing the connection?
  • aamollaamoll Member Posts: 42
    Kishragu wrote:
    It is possible, are you getting any error message when testing the connection?

Can u please tell me How can I write both the server in Host file.
    If my understanding is correct
    a) HO & Store DB exist on the same server
    b) DD services for both exist on the same server

Your host file will read
    <IP Address> DD_HO
    <IP Address> DD_STORE

IP Address will be same for both the services.

However both the services should be operating on different ports. Hence you will need to add entries in your services file.
    For eg.,
    DD_HO tcp/16750
    DD_Store tcp/16760
    Thanks for reply
    But,HO server is SQL and Store server is Native.Both are different server.
    What difference does that make, so long as you define the connection string within DD correctly it should be OK.

The IP address you define in the host file, is the IP Address of the machine where your DD services are installed and not of the database.

If you are not familiar with DD setup, perhaps you should be speaking to your partner.
    Thanks

Please tell me host file enrty for both the databases on same desktop for different servers(SQL and Native)
    Please read through my previous posts carefully as it explains what goes on in the hosts and service files.

What have you tried so far?
    What error message are you getting?

I'll say it again, if you are not familiar with DD setup, please speak to your partner.
    thanks
    its working....