maximum record size exceeded

davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
I am merging yet another ISV product into the sales header, and received error that active fields may not take over 4000 characters.
There is a setting in $ndo$dbproperty that has a field for max rec size, but increasing it did not solve the problem.
(I am merging tables since most of the new fields are in the ISV protected range.)
This is on NAV 5.00 SQL Server version.
I found the problem exists on NAV 2009R2 as well.

Any suggestions other than creating a supplemental table?

Answers

• skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    You can deactivate some fields if you are not using them or decrease the length of some fields to limit to 4000 bytes. If there are too many fields the only solution i can think of is creating another table and linking it.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    The official answer from Microsoft:
    The maxrecsize is an absolute limit and cannot be avoided without disabling fields and/or redesigning the table.

The $ndo$dbproperty table is used by NAV internally and should not be modified (unless specifically instructed to, such as with KB978100). Maxrecsize is a database characteristic and not intended to be a modifiable parameter.

(So no "easy" ISV merge for me - fortunately one custom non-ISV mod accounts for 350 bytes of space, so I will have only one mod to revise.)