Options

Shortcut Keys?

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
edited 2012-03-09 in NAV Three Tier
Howdy,

I was wondering is it possible to change the shortcut keys in NAV for like Properties (currently the shortcut key is Shift + F4. Which is a very awakward key to press together) or C/AL code???

Answers

• Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    maybe it's possible to create function with the shortcut key combination you wish, which send the shortcut combination you need via "Windows Script Host Object Model".WshShell automation.
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    That seems like some high-tech stuff :shock: . I aint at that level of expertise. :D
  • Options
    dipakpatel2505dipakpatel2505 Member Posts: 169
    Hello Nvarma,

Ya Default Shortcut key can be modified by defining new functionality and add menu item/menu button and give short of that functionality as Default Shortcut Key.
    Example:

If you define add menu item say X on Customer Card -> Customer(Menu Button) -> X (Example) and give its shortcut key as F4 then it will overwrite the default shortcut key F4 behaviour of deleting records and will perform develop function.

Please see the attached screenshot for more detail.

If Tips is useful and solved problem then please donot forget to mark it as solved.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    nverma wrote:
    Howdy,

I was wondering is it possible to change the shortcut keys in NAV for like Properties (currently the shortcut key is Shift + F4. Which is a very awakward key to press together) or C/AL code???
    actually, i don't think it's possible to overwrite these kind of shortcuts, because they do not regard the businness application, it's the developoment environment itself. You cannot reprogram it, AFAIK.
    Well, it can be possible to do some external application which intercept your key press and convert it to shiftF4, for example...but is it worth it?!? (i'm thinking about a tool like Codegenius)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog