Missing tracking specs when posting via Item Journal

ben5000ben5000 Member Posts: 110
Hi experts :)

Here is my problem:

Posting through Item Journal does not transfer Serial Nos from Reservation Entries(temporary lines) to Tracking Specification(posted lines)...

When doing the posting via a Purchase order for example it behaves as expected and it transfers the lines I input in the "Item Tracking Line" to the Reservation Entry table
and then to the Tracking Specification table...

Am I missing something? I tought that filling the journal and the reservation entries and then call the Item Jnl-Post codeunit would do the trick but apparently not.

Thanks for your help !

ps: I'm running NAV 5.0

Answers

• ben5000ben5000 Member Posts: 110
    Nobody? :)

Do not hesitate to ask me if my description wasn't clear enough..
    Nobody?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I think you are completely missing the way NAV is posting.

T337 is used for reservations and item tracking (unposted).
    T337 tracking records are transferred to T336 when something is shipped/received. The records stay there until it is invoiced. After invoicing it is deleted from T336.

As a journal will always post shipping/receiving and invoicing at the same time you will not find anything in T337/336 after posting.

There is a quite good whitepaper existing for Item tracking management in 3.60. Don't know whether it exists for newer versions also. Anyway, in general the information in it is still valid.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    Thanks for your reply I found all relevant information in the Whitepaper you mentioned !