Error Message

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
Hello,

I worked on Fixed Assets for our client. I added the functionality they were looking for and released it. While they were testing, they found an error.

""The user-defined C/AL function that takes" 3 parameters, was called with 1 parameter"

I have tried debugging the code and its giving me that error on a piece of code that I didnt write. The error is coming from FA JNL.-Post Batch (codeunit 5633).

After doing a bit of research, some people suggested trying to compile all the objects once again and that will take me exactly to the object that is causing the error. I compiled all the objects and still nothing. Whenever I try to post a Fixed Asset Journal Entry, then only the error message shows up.

Any ideas or suggestions how I can go about fixing this???

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    nverma wrote:
    After doing a bit of research, some people suggested trying to compile all the objects once again and that will take me exactly to the object that is causing the error.
    This is a run time error, so compiling he object wont help, and who ever told you should have known that.
    nverma wrote:
    Any ideas or suggestions how I can go about fixing this???
    Like all run time errors, you need to use the debugger.
    David Singleton
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Are you sure it's not your code?
    It appears you made a change and now an error appears?
    Unless your customer never used that functionality before.
    :-k
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    The problem is that you are calling a function which has 3 parametes to be passed but you are passing only 1..
    Find out the place and fix it..
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    The problem is that you are calling a function which has 3 parametes to be passed but you are passing only 1..
    Find out the place and fix it..

And that's the point where compiling all objects might become handy. You'll see all objects that do not compile for this reason, along with others.
    Thomas
  • nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
    I figured out the place it was happening and I fixed it.

Thanks.