Options

How to limit the no. of rows in the details section in rdlc

thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
edited 2012-03-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a report, in which the report should print 10 rows strictly. How to limit the no. of rows in the details section in rdlc?

EG: If the row has less or greater than 10 rows of values, then it should print 10 rows strictly. :-k
With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***

Comments

• Options
    Is there any way to restrict the no. of rows in the details section in rdlc??

I tried the following ways by writing the expression in the Parent Grouping of table.

=Int((RowNumber(Nothing)-1)/10)
    =Floor((RowNumber(Nothing)-1)/10)
    =Ceiling((RowNumber(Nothing))/10)

But, nothing works. ](*,)
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    Any Idea on this??? :-k
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    Not sure that works, but you could try to count lines and then use the visibility property of the line in RDLC table in order to hide the line if your counter is > 10.
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Does this help?

For some reports, you may want to print a new page for each new record. In a Classic report layout, you use either the NewPagePerRecord property or the CurrReport.NEWPAGE property. In a client report definition (RDLC) report layout, the NewPagePerRecord property and the CurrReport.NEWPAGE property are not supported. To print a new page for each record in an RDLC report layout, you must do one of the following:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338694.aspx

Perhaps a PageSize Group of 10
  • Options
    Savatage wrote:
    Does this help?

For some reports, you may want to print a new page for each new record. In a Classic report layout, you use either the NewPagePerRecord property or the CurrReport.NEWPAGE property. In a client report definition (RDLC) report layout, the NewPagePerRecord property and the CurrReport.NEWPAGE property are not supported. To print a new page for each record in an RDLC report layout, you must do one of the following:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338694.aspx

Perhaps a PageSize Group of 10

The no. of rows should show is strictly to 10. So, hidden property won't work it seems since i tried with that property. In rdlc report I have two table boxes and I need to restrict those two tables 10 rows strictly within a single page. ](*,)
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    skullaskulla Member Posts: 140
    Create a group and use this expression to group on
    Floor((RowNumber(Nothing) - 1) / 10) or Ceiling((RowNumber(Nothing)) / 10)

And set Page break at end for that group