Options

Footer value in rdlc reports

thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
edited 2012-03-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a report in NAV 2009 R2 (rdlc), in which i want to display the Last value of the expression in RTC in the footer of a table box. But, the "Last!Field1.value" does not shows any value in the table box. I have checked the hidden expression too.

Note: The Field1 control in classic client report design has been placed in the footer section. :-k
With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***

Comments

• Options
    Why Last!Field1.value shows blank value? Any guess. I tried by placing the footer value in the table box details. It shows that
    (Last!Field1.value) as blank
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    You have to try by adding Last! field in body section and set visibl false..
    and use the field as reportItems! in page footer just like Page header..
  • Options
    mihail_kolevmihail_kolev Member Posts: 379
    well, did you check the dataset if the Last! field there is really empty?
    -Mihail- [MCTS]
  • Options
    You have to try by adding Last! field in body section and set visibl false..
    and use the field as reportItems! in page footer just like Page header..

I am getting this kind of error, if i try by adding Last! field in body section and set visibl false..
    and use the field as reportItems! in page footer just like Page header

"The Value expression for the textbox ‘Resource’ refers to the field ‘field1’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current data set scope or, if inside an aggregate,"
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options

Yes. I checked that the Last!Field1.value gives really blank values by placing the relevant field in the details by changing the expression as "=Field1.value". While examining the values in details section, it shows the last value as empty and the previous to last value shows the exact value what I want. Would it be able to bring the previous value from the last??? :-k
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    May I know the field expressions in body and Page footer?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252093(v=vs.80).aspx
    Field Expr in body - "=Fields!ActCurrMonth_GM.Value" - where the textbox95 contains
    Field Expr in Footer - "=Last(Reportitems!textbox95.Value)"
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    Is there any way to find the values in backend, when the report runs in RTC? so that the expression in the textbox can be changed to anyone of the aggregate function (Last,First, Min,Max etc).
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • Options
    lakshanvindanalakshanvindana Member Posts: 79
    thankesh wrote:

Yes. I checked that the Last!Field1.value gives really blank values by placing the relevant field in the details by changing the expression as "=Field1.value". While examining the values in details section, it shows the last value as empty and the previous to last value shows the exact value what I want. Would it be able to bring the previous value from the last??? :-k

you can write a function in RTC Code, did you try it?

Place the field in table body, and write a function to get the value if not blank.
    Lakshan Kulawansa
    ERP Consultant - MS Dynamics NAV
    https://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lakshan-vindana-kulawansa/37/2a2/592