Options

NAV Dimensions

sharadsharad Member Posts: 112
edited 2012-03-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Friends,

I am new to NAV and I know that we can do most of things with the use of dimension in NAV.
but I don't know the concept of dimension very well,so i want to know everything about dimension like what is dimension? use of dimension?,when we use dimension?,where we set dimension ? etc.

Plz help me to understand the dimension.give any link or document etc.

Thanks in advance.
Sharad Gupta
Navision Technical Consultant & .Net Developer

Comments

• Options
    carboncarbon Member Posts: 22
    In the book named "Programming Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009" is written: "You would be wise not to be creative in your
    use of the Dimension Management functions, but simply find and study existing code for a situation similar to the one on which you are working.". I think it's good idea. They mean Codeunit 408 - Dimension Management. One remark: the basic in dimension is that there are two Global Dimensions, which are carried as values in the primary data records. Any dimensioned data can also have up to six
    additional categorizations (Shortcut Dimensions), which are stored in subordinate tables.
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    sharad wrote:
    Hi Friends,
    I am new to NAV and I know that we can do most of things with the use of dimension in NAV.
    but I don't know the concept of dimension very well,so i want to know everything about dimension like what is dimension? use of dimension?,when we use dimension?,where we set dimension ? etc.

Plz help me to understand the dimension.give any link or document etc.
    Thanks in advance.

A quick start will be to press F1 and check the help. Further are you looking for technical or functional help?
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in