Virtual Tables and NAS

fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 69
I was trying to run a CU which uses virtual table "FILE" for getting names of files in a specific folder -

it works allright when I run it from Classic Client, but it doesn't work when run from NAS

from NAS it does not get anything from virtual table 'FILE'

Aren't the virtual tables available from NAS?

I request your suggestion how to use Virtual Tables from NAS? also can anyone suggest me how can i debug what NAS is doing?

We are using NAV 5.0 SP1 with SQL 2005

Thanks and regards

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be the problems are permissions. Look at account under which the NAS is running. The account must have access to the disk. Some system accounts do not have access...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Any table that is available in standard client is also available in NAS. NAS is nothing else but a standard client without user interface.

So, I think Kamil is right. The problem is related to anything else.

If you want to debug NAS, then just start it from command prompt and use parameter "debug". In most cases it's also possible to start your codeunit from within CC and use the debugger in there.

Edit: Take a deeper look at this post http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=15. It's really helpful.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 69
    thanks for your feedback...
    you are right...the problem was permission related
    the user running the NAS service didn't have the required permission to the drive
    I could find the warning in the application log of the server in which NAS is running
    thanks again