New Schema from scratch on BN Manager

johnny_martins00johnny_martins00 Member Posts: 39
Hi all,

After a good journey in order to get BN to work i now want to play a litlle with it and learn somethings..

I was thinking in creating a notification every time an Invoice goes to approval, do one from scratch...

My Problem it's that i didn't figured out completly how can this be done. For what i've read i need to create a XMLPort and a XMLEvent, is that correct?

How can after this import my schema to business manager?

What are the basic steps that are needed?

Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
JM

Answers

• johnny_martins00johnny_martins00 Member Posts: 39
    hi,

I was able to create a new xmlport in Nav and sucessfully create a scheme in BN manager. The notification mail it´s going to the subscribed user but with no information at all... :S

IMy scheme was based on the "Prod Bom Version" and the event it's triggered but i still can undertand somethings, that i would like to someone explain me...

First of all i've add a atribut , MBS_Navision_url, to my XmlPort, just because was in the ProBomVersion to, but i dont understand what this attribute does??

I've added code to codeunit 8000, BN Mgt, in order to create a string url and send it to the BN. My string it's being created on the OnBeforePassVariable event, but i still didnt understand why it's not being populated with the required fields values...

Can anyone give a help on this subject?

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    JM
  • johnny_martins00johnny_martins00 Member Posts: 39
    Hi,

Solved myself :)

MBS_NAVISION_URL wasnt needed for my XMLPORT... So i structured my xmlport with my required fields and call the event from a code unit.
    IF NOT ISSERVICETIER THEN BEGIN
     NotificationSetup.GET;
      IF NOT NotificationSetup."Send Notifications" THEN
        EXIT;
        GlEntry.SETRECFILTER;
        PaymentXML.SETTABLEVIEW(GlEntry); //Set the filter
        PaymentXML.PaymentDone(); //Event
    END;

CU 8000 helps if anyone needs to understand it

Hope it helps someone

Best Regards
    JM