UserID and Password Invalid.

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I am tagging a windows authention user in database and I have synchronized the login.When I try to open the database using windows authentication and database user authentication, I can able to see the database in the lookup list but when I click OK button , I am getting the error "User ID and Password Invalid".

If anyone already come across the solution , kindly let me know how to rectify this error.

Thanks in adavance.

Regards,
Chandru,

Comments

• SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    When I try to open the database using windows authentication and database user authentication
    Could you please tell us how you plan to open a single session under 2 users?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Sog,

I am not trying to open sigle session for 2 users. I am opening only one session for a single user using the windows authentication.For example, I have loggen in as administrator and then I am logging in as adminitrator and then I am opening the database using windows authentication. When I try to open the database, then I can able to see 2 databased one is demo database and the other one is the client db , when I select the client db and then press ok , I am getting the error "User ID and Password Invalid".

Thanks & Regards,
    Chandru.
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Is your ID added in Windows Authentications of Client DB?
    How did you restore it?
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Mohana,

I have added windows authentication in the windows login of client database.
    Then synchronized the login.

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    So you are able to login with other ID?

Check in SQL Server that user has been mapped to Client Database..