Security Filter is Applied Without Sync

johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
Dear All,

I am using NAV 4 SP3 Build 23305.
First I set permission for my user X : TableData Vendor with security filter No. = A,B,C
After I synchonize this user X, my user X only can see Vendor Card with No. = A, B, C.
When I remove security filter in TableData Vendor for my user X, then without synchronize, my user X can see all vendor.
My question is why the security filter is applied without synchonize the user?
Thank you.
Best regards,

Johanna

Answers

• dansdans Member Posts: 148
    Check your security model. Standard model does not requires you to synchronize.
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional for Microsoft Dynamics NAV

Just a happy frood who knows where his towel is
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Thanks Dans... :)
    I am using enhanced security model..but without synchonize, the security filter is applied.. How could this happen?
    Thank you..
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Because the security filters are not defined on SQL but are done on application level...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    kine wrote:
    Because the security filters are not defined on SQL but are done on application level...

But the security filters are work with SQL only.Could you be more clear plz.?
    Yes, I think that it is because it is implemented as additional filters in SELECT statement which s generated for the commands.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thanks Kine..
    So, if we are using security filter, we don't need to synchronize, right?
    Now I try to make insert = blank for table data Vendor, then without synchonize, my user X cannot insert new record..
    Is the synchonize only use for synchronize user in NAV with SQL Server?
    If we add or modify permission and or security filter, we don't need to synchonize, don't we?
    Best regards,

Johanna
    You need to sync when you change permissions (Add, remove, modify permissions in role, add role, remove role from user, add user, remove user), when you change some table etc. You do not need to sync when security filter is changed. Still, using standard security model is much better than syncing and having problems from not synced security... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank you so much Kine :)
    Best regards,

Johanna
    Kine,

Now I try to make insert = blank for table data Vendor, then without synchonize, my user X cannot insert new record.. Is my action include in modify permission? If yes, why I don't need to synchonize to make the permission is applied?
    Thank you..
    Best regards,

Johanna
    Kine,

Now I try to make insert = blank for table data Vendor, then without synchonize, my user X cannot insert new record.. Is my action include in modify permission? If yes, why I don't need to synchonize to make the permission is applied?
    Thank you..
    Best regards,

Johanna