LS Retail and Replication using DD

kruyeraskruyeras Member Posts: 27
I'm in the process of implementing LS Retail with Navision Client and replication with DD. I am kind of lost on how the replication should be configured.

Our remote location are connected via Hardware VPN and we can communicate back and forth and able to ping although the remote locations are NOT part of our domain.

How is the DD should be setup and the job scheduler?

Comments

• GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    At first you should read the manual about Data Distribution configuration.
    Data Director use special object simillar to C/Front.
    In Distribution Location you could setup the connection string for source/target DB, UserID and Password. In this case SQL Authentication should be used.
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
  • kruyeraskruyeras Member Posts: 27
    I went through the manual and found that DD 3.01 supports SQL Express 2005 but not tested. Has it been known that my HO which is runngin SQL Sever 2008 R2 Std won't work with our remote location running SQL Express 2005?
  • KishraguKishragu Member Posts: 45
    There is no reason why it won't work with that combination. My personal perference would be to go with 2.28.5 than use 3.01.
    I wanted to point out that the remote locations are through VPN and are NOT part of our domain. But I would believe DD would still work via TCP only.
    Should still work!!
    Maybe I'm just configuring it correctly and it's starting to frustrate me because I can ping both locations from either side. I've also tested the DD from the remote location and I'm able to "Get Config" and test connection but not from the HO.
    Check the firewall settings, I believe there are a couple of .exe files you will need to add to the exception list. Alternatively, temporarily disable the firewall at both locations and try testing the connection. If that works then you know what needs to be done!! :)